Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could this be attributable to egg?

(3 Posts)
jampots Tue 29-Mar-05 20:55:26

DH and I have just been out to "child friendly" dinner with our children as its our wedding anniversary today (no one to babysit). Ive been excluding various foods from my diet for the last 2 weeks (egg included) I had some fish with tartare sauce (which apparently contains egg yolk) after a short while I started sneezing and my nose "filled" for the want of a better word - just like when I get hayfever. Could this be a reaction to the egg?

Shazzler Tue 29-Mar-05 22:07:51

I had an egg allergy when I was young. I think its mostly the white of an egg that causes the allergy but not totally sure. It does sound like an allergy.

Hope you are feeling OK now.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 29-Mar-05 22:11:50

It could be a reaction, but I would say it's just as likely to be to one of the additives in the sauce than to the egg yolk (it's the white that people are usually allergic to).

DH had a similar thing - not an allergy as such, but hay fever symptoms when eating something that he is intolerant to but hasn't eaten for a while. We tracked his sesetivities down to several e numbers, one of which is in his favourite beer. Oh well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now