Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Egg allergy????

(3 Posts)
TrinaJ Wed 23-Mar-05 21:56:23

My sister thinks her ds has an egg allergy, he's 18 months and develops hay-fever like symptoms after eating whole egg, she has seen a consultant about this but they're not interested until he's 3!!!
Has anyone experienced an allergy similar?
He also occasionally comes out with very small white spots - only one or two- but with not obvious conection to a food, any ideas?

bobbybob Thu 24-Mar-05 03:15:10

If they are not interested until he is 3 then she should not expose him to egg until 3. Allergies can get worse if you are exposed to the allergen a lot, and can get better if you avoid the allergen and "grow out" of them.

I don't know about the spots. Sorry.

Barbs34 Thu 24-Mar-05 10:47:30

Hi there, my ds (11 months) has an allergy to egg. He has ezcema and I found out about the allergy through a Rasz (sp????) test which his gp requested. He also has a lesser allergy to dairy. I agree with bobbybob, limit the egg until he is older. Our GP said to cut out egg altogether and limit dairy, not because it is the cause of his ezcema (although it irritates it) but for the reasons that bobbybob said, the allergy can get worse. Can your sister's gp order a Rasz (how do you spell that?) test?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now