Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Moisturisers

(10 Posts)
Lea2003 Tue 22-Mar-05 21:29:05

I am trying to find a reasonably priced moisturiser for my dd (17m). Up until recently I used grapeseed oil when doing baby massage with her. Now I no longer get chance to massage her - she doesn't want me to I need to find something else. Have tried Johnsons baby lotion and soft lotion - ok for a while but getting brownish rash now - any ideas. She does not suffer from eczema (luckily as I do) so I am keen to try something conventional - my moisturiser is not suitable for children under 2.

misdee Tue 22-Mar-05 21:31:39

aveeno.

Lea2003 Tue 22-Mar-05 21:36:38

Not heard of that one - where do i get it from pls?
Ta

Nixz Tue 22-Mar-05 22:10:14

My daughter has moderate to severe atopic excema (age 4), i have tried a zilion (ok maybe not that many!!) moisturisers, just started using aveeno cream and have been using aveeno oatmeal for her bath and so far it is looking good. Go to www.aveeno.com for info.

melon1 Wed 23-Mar-05 08:17:36

You can get Aveeno from Boots

Lea2003 Wed 23-Mar-05 17:51:20

Thanks folks - will keep you posted.

Barbs34 Thu 24-Mar-05 10:51:31

My ds has severe ezcema and thanks to postings on here have tried Aveeno cream and a BIG THANK YOU for that advise. It is fabulous. Have had to use steriod to reduce the ezcema, but once that went down the Aveeno seems to control it well, much better than Diprobase or Epaderm. Just have to clear the face and fore arms and hopefully, fingers crossed the Aveeno will continue well. What a relief (not just for ds!!!) Thanks again x

amylou81 Thu 24-Mar-05 11:02:49

both myself and my dd (nearly 3) suffer from excema. I use aveeno but have also found that The Body Shops Hemp range works really well. It has even meant that I have been able to stop putting dd steroid cream on her.

Lea2003 Sat 26-Mar-05 13:30:55

Well I found the Aveeno and so far it seems wonderful. Smells good too, especially as she has a cold just now! Am even going to try it on my eczema too.

Thanks so much!

Lea

NomDePlume Sat 26-Mar-05 14:16:06

I like Diprobase, you can get it on prescription or buy it over the counter at about £9 for a massive pump dispenser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now