Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Soy free chocolate/Easter eggs

(8 Posts)
singersgirl Sun 20-Mar-05 23:36:17

Hi all, Wonder if anyone can help or give me any pointers. I'm looking for soy free milk chocolate for Easter for my son , who's currently soy free as part of an intolerance screening. Almost all the chocolate I can find contains soya lecithin. I've seen some 70% cocoa dark chocolate without, but know he won't like it as it's quite bitter.
Has anyone got any experience or suggestions?
Cheers!

FIMAC1 Sun 20-Mar-05 23:47:19

Try organic ones - would be fairly pure I'm sure. The local health food shop have Black and Green eggs - the organic Chocolate company

bobbybob Mon 21-Mar-05 00:42:23

I live in NZ and we have already had 4 recalls for undeclared Soy Lecithin in Easter Eggs, about 30 different types. Even if it is not listed on the label, I wouldn't give any chocolate to him without double checking with the manufacturer first.

My son loves the dark stuff, but we have to pull him off the ceiling afterwards.

singersgirl Mon 21-Mar-05 10:15:00

Thanks for your answers! I had no idea soy lecithin was in virtually all chocolate till I started looking! The Green and Black unfortunately does contain soy, but I have seen a Duchy Original plain choc that doesn't.
Fortunately I know he is not actually allergic to soy, but I'm trying to screen intolerance reactions one at a time.
Am off to local organic shop this am to check further options.

alison222 Mon 21-Mar-05 14:10:19

Sainsburys taste the difference chocolate doesn't - at least the dark stuff anyway. I haven't actually seen any eggs made out of it though

singersgirl Mon 21-Mar-05 21:24:44

Thanks alison222 - will check out local Sainsbury's tomorrow!

Nixz Mon 21-Mar-05 22:15:11

Hi first time here, not sure exactly what it is your looking for but whilst in Woolworths today i seen a 'dairy free' easter egg - is this what your lookin for??? If not - sorry!!! Just thought i would mention it

tiny01 Tue 22-Mar-05 09:34:12

Thanks for that info I was looking for Dairy free so at least it helped me. Hope you find one singersgirl or maybe you could make one out of the bars of soy free. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now