Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! Woken up with pufy eyes, what to do?

(4 Posts)
MrsTitchmarsh Sat 01-Nov-08 09:00:02

I've used benzyl peroxide for about a year now when I get flare ups of spots on my face. I opened a new tube of it yesterday and applied some the same as normal. Through the night I was itching and itching my face. When I've woken up this morning and looked in the mirror, my face is red and swollen, and my eyes are puffed out as if I've had an allergic reaction. It looks really bad! I've washed my face and eyes to make sure all the cream is gone. Do I need to take some anti-hystamine tablets or something like that or see someone or will it go down itself eventually? I have no experience of allergic reactions so haven't got a clue!

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Sat 01-Nov-08 17:40:24

Take some antihistamines and see if it calms down. If it doesn't then contact NHS direct.

Hope you are OK. Wish I had seen this earlier. sad

loobeylou Sat 01-Nov-08 22:33:26

could it be something you ate? DDs get this with food allergies

vixma Sat 01-Nov-08 22:38:18

Ive got this too, but due to building site 5 mins away. I storecucumber in the fridge and take piraton allergy tabs. It is annoying as the doc will say it is an allergy (duh). we aretrying to move at the mo....finers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now