Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel in need telling you all about a fab milkshake shop in Bournemouth and the fab customer service.........

(9 Posts)
PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 20-Oct-08 16:34:31

I have many allergies of varying degrees and severity. Because of this, I often feel awkward and freakish when I go to different coffee shops/cafes'/restaurants and explain about them and people look at me in horror.

Today tho I went into the milkshake shop in bournemouth to see if they actually did soya milkshakes. I have not had a decent milkshake in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time......and certainly not one from this shop (the last time was flames hen night I think. They do the most amazing oreo cookie shakesenvy<<sigh for missing them>>).

anyhooooooooooooo

Turns out that they DO do soya shakes, and they actually cater for all allergies/ceoliacs etc.

They even have seperate mixers for each type of allergy, seperate spoons......and change their gloves for preparing said shakes to prevent cross contamination.

I am thrilled

and stunned, which is quite sad, as I do feel that people need to start becoming more aware of allergies and yet I feel they don;t.

but, if you are allergic, and are this way......go! they are next to argos

loobeylou Mon 20-Oct-08 17:30:43

That sounds great, but you are right, all too rare.

brimfull Mon 20-Oct-08 17:35:42

what's the name of the shop?

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 20-Oct-08 17:36:30

I have a new craving starting I fear......

<<and a poorer futurehmm>>

((BTW....not pregnant, but cravings for an allergy food is rarewink))

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 20-Oct-08 17:37:27

ggirl......milkshake place I think.......something fairly obvious anyway.

flame'll know,......she goes there more than me

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 20-Oct-08 19:45:10

have asked flame.......tis called 'shakeaway' grin

poeia Mon 20-Oct-08 19:54:42

...just to let you know that Shakeaway are not only in Bouremouth - I know they are also in Bath, Reading, Brighton and others I cannot remember right now ( yes, I am a fan )

PsychoAxeMurdererMum Mon 20-Oct-08 20:08:47

really??? ooh, that is even better then.....spread the joy

Marne Mon 20-Oct-08 20:12:25

we have one of these near us (not sure if its shakeaway), they do dairy free ice creams too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now