Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ds1 passed his milk challenge yesterday - yippee

(7 Posts)
wb Sat 18-Oct-08 10:08:39

Yesterday Ds1 passed his milk challenge age 2.11 years. He failed last year almost immediately so this year's pass was a bit of a surprise (we thought he'd get further but not complete). grin

Biggest problem was getting him to drink the milk - he didn't like the taste at all. This was done with copious amounts of sweetie bribes.

Now only the peanut to go. Oh and ds2 has had what we think is a reaction to soya so I guess I'll be around for a bit.

Still, thought it would be nice to boost the good news quotient of the topic some more.

Weta Sat 18-Oct-08 12:24:21

That's fantastic news, you must be thrilled! I'm very envious...

Weta

ib Sat 18-Oct-08 12:30:35

That's so cool - I was on a high for a week after ds passed his. BTW he hated milk initially too, now loves it and drinks loads.

ShinyHappyPurpleSeveredHeads Sat 18-Oct-08 12:36:48

Fab wb

DS2 (aged 8, intolerent for at least 7 of those) passed his milk challenge in Aug and his egg one a couple of weeks ago. Didn't think he'd pass the egg one to be honest. He doesn't like egg so it was really "challenging" getting enough down him! The hospital sent us out to buy mousses hmm .. when actually they mostly don't contain egg anyway! I bought egg waffle for him in the end! They made us take out own raw and hardboiled eggs in too.. talk about tight.. grin

It's so weird bunging cow's milk in his weetabix in the mornings..

strawberrycornetto Sat 18-Oct-08 13:36:04

That's great WB, I am really pleased for your DS.

pumpkinscantdancethetango Sun 19-Oct-08 01:49:19

fantastic

evester Sun 19-Oct-08 13:31:16

Thats brilliant. great to hear good news. DD (2 yr 11 months too!)going for her 1st milk challenge next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now