Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

allergic to my swimming pool

(7 Posts)
jobschmob Fri 17-Oct-08 09:43:44

Hello, I doubt there is an answer but just wondered if anyone else has this problem too. I have recently started swimming once a week and am quite enjoying it but think I might have to give it up because of my nose. I am okay while in the pool but after I get home I start sneezing in random bursts and this continues for the WHOLE REST OF THE DAY. It is killing me but I can't see a way out unless I could tape my nose shut or something??

cocoleBOO Fri 17-Oct-08 09:45:36

Could you use a nose clip? Make sure you shower to get all the smell off (not being cheeky!) and take an anti histamine (sp).

BetteNoire Fri 17-Oct-08 09:46:25

nose plug
Mention it to the swimming pool, and ask them to check the chlorine levels.

BetteNoire Fri 17-Oct-08 09:47:28

I meant nose clip.
A nose plug just wouldn't be nice. grin

ivykaty44 Fri 17-Oct-08 09:47:48

it is the chemicals in the water, I often sneeze after swimming. Not the whole day though.

As the other post ays get a nose clip to stop the water going up your nose or change pools to one that has less chemicals

jobschmob Fri 17-Oct-08 09:56:25

Thanks for all the replies! I think it is just me to be honest-every now and then I will have sneezing fits at random but if I go swimming it is GUARANTEED and really exhausting.
The nose clip is a good idea I think-just worried I will look like I am trying to be a professional (yet very bad) swimmer!

jobschmob Fri 17-Oct-08 09:57:43

Stuff the embarrassment, I'm gonna get one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now