Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Reaction to egg?

(2 Posts)
PigeonPie Sat 11-Oct-08 11:57:36

We have suspected for a while that DS1 (3) is allergic to egg.

His skin comes up in localised blotches, but not typical eczema - not around his mouth, but sometimes on his back, sometimes on arms or legs when he has had things with egg in. Last weekend he had birthday cake at a friend's birthday and his bottom area is really blotchy with red spots which look quite sore and have now scabbed over. He still wears a nappy at night.

Do you think that this could be a reaction to egg or something completely different that we haven't thought of?

chuffers Sat 11-Oct-08 23:55:10

we found out our son was allergic to egg on weaning, altough we didnt realize it right away, k reacts with a red chin, but he can tolerate cooked egg(cakes/yorkshire pud etc)
He also has eczema & just being monitored for asthma-ido not think the egg allergy is responsible for these as his egg intake is minimal.
K when weaning could not tolerate cows milk, & would get a sore bum & eczema like flare ups, he can now tolerate milk!Do you have allergies in the family?My gp's referred us for allergy testing-i asked for my son to be tested for egg, strawberry(to which he has outgrown)& peanut, he now goes back yearly, get your little one checked, it is daunting but worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now