Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

school shirts for ds, 8, with eczema on neck (ds not shirt!)

(11 Posts)
bunny3 Fri 10-Oct-08 21:12:20

Where on the high st can I get non-irritating school shirts for ds?Cotton comfort are having problems with their supplier. Ds was meant to be in winter unifrom (ie shirt and tie) from 1st Oct.

tia

WendyWeber Fri 10-Oct-08 21:13:24

How old is he? What size?

bunny3 Fri 10-Oct-08 21:14:15

he is 8.

WendyWeber Fri 10-Oct-08 21:15:26

Trutex Fairtrade cotton from collar size 11 - any good?

WendyWeber Fri 10-Oct-08 21:16:42

(I got some fairtrade cotton from M&S in the sale for DS2, but he doesn't have eczema so I can't comment on irritation - but if you washed them a couple of times they should be OK?)

WendyWeber Fri 10-Oct-08 21:21:40

John Lewis have cotton shirts too

bunny3 Fri 10-Oct-08 21:22:13

thanks Wendy. The problem with most shirts is the collars are stiffened and this really rubs on a very sore neck. Also most school shirts are coated/impregnated with various chemicals/finishes and these irritate too. I dont think the trutex ones will suit but thank you anyway. smile

bunny3 Fri 10-Oct-08 21:24:40

Do the M@S ones have stiff collars? I know M@S did do a range for sensitive skin but they are out of stock. I will call JL tomorrow as they are a 2 hour round trip from here. I suspect the 100% cotton ones still have irritating collars but I will ask.

WendyWeber Fri 10-Oct-08 21:25:36

Ohhh, sorry, bunny - I've just been to feel DS2's cotton collars & they are quite stiff - I thought that was just lining material though sad

Might be worth ringing the Trutex place to ask if they have chemicals in?

Sawyer64 Fri 10-Oct-08 21:27:01

Where on the neck does it rub? maybe wearing a T-shirt underneath instead of a vest might help?

bunny3 Sat 11-Oct-08 20:03:58

Thank you for your help ladies! I found some brilliant shirts in Gap. they are very soft cotton and have no stiffening in the collar - more like casual shirts with a button-down collar than school shirts but I dont think the school will mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now