Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Green and Black's Maya chocolate now contains milk

(5 Posts)
flamingtoaster Wed 08-Oct-08 14:41:50

Just thought I should mention that Green and Black's Maya chocolate now contains milk in case anyone doesn't spot it.

bran Wed 08-Oct-08 14:47:43

I think the whole range does now, I've just looked at my 85% dark chocolate and it lists milk powder as an ingredient. I knew it would go downhill after Cadburys bought it. sad

YummyMam Wed 08-Oct-08 17:05:22

I've just had a look at the Green and Black's website about this, and apparently, the recipe has not changed, the warning and the ingredient listing is just to do with the risk of contamination from other products. From reading it, I would think that if you or your DC has been ok eating their chocoalte in the past, you should be still be okay. Link to the site here

By the way, Traidcraft do some fantastic organic, fairtrade dark chocolate (without any milk). www.traidcraft.co.uk

Turniphead1 Wed 08-Oct-08 17:08:22

Yup - someone posted about this awhile back. Not an actual ingredient change. If your child was fine eating G&*B dark choc and hasn't got a massively severe allergy you may want to risk it. We probably will as there has never been a problem before now - and it is widely available and they do easter eggs etc.

flamingtoaster Wed 08-Oct-08 18:53:29

Ah I thought it was different from the earlier announcement re the plain dark chocolate. I saw it on another board and assumed it was a new development - sorry. I just hope if they do decide to deliberately put milk into these bars at any stage they alert us to it and don't just assume they can do it because it's already listed in the ingredients. I don't trust them now they have been taken over by Cadbury's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now