Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! Pure Sunflower Spread seems to be no longer available! What else can I use?

(13 Posts)
IlanaK Sun 21-Sep-08 16:25:26

According to Waitrose it has been discontinued. I haven't been able to get it there or Sainsbury's for weeks.

What alternative can I use that is dairy and soya free (and tastes good!)????

PinkPurple Sun 21-Sep-08 16:35:00

Biona sunflower margarine is absolutely delicious!! available in health food shops, not sure about supermarkets.

IlanaK Sun 21-Sep-08 16:57:08

Excellent! My local shop sells it - I have definately seen it.

loobeylou Sun 21-Sep-08 17:19:30

I have not had a problem getting pure sunflower spread in sainburys and Tescos,have also seen in Holland & Barrett, though more expensive there - nothing on the Pure website that it is being discontinued, your Waitrose might just have stopped selling it?

IlanaK Sun 21-Sep-08 17:32:04

Could be. My local shop with the Biona spread is just across the road so easier for me to get to than a supermarket - so I am happy now

PinkPurple Sun 21-Sep-08 19:26:58

and the Biona one tastes heaps better than the Pure one, I'm so glad I discovered it (am slightly biased though, as I'm a huge fan of Biona in general wink )

LilRedWG Sun 21-Sep-08 19:28:16

I know that Vitalite is dairy free and think it is soya free too. Worth a look.

AbricotsSecs Sun 21-Sep-08 19:44:37

Message withdrawn

AnarchyAunt Sun 21-Sep-08 19:48:43

Suma do a sunflower spread and Sainsbury's used to do an Organic Olive Spread that was dairy and soya free. No idea if they still make it though as I've not been for ages.

norksinmywaistband Sun 21-Sep-08 19:50:28

Tescos still stock it.

shonepone Tue 23-Sep-08 13:41:37

Hi there,
Im new to this site - I buy the Pure spread from ASDA - they definitely still stock it.
I'll look out for the Biona one now too.

MuffinMclay Tue 23-Sep-08 13:45:00

Definitely still available in my local Waitrose.

trixymalixy Tue 23-Sep-08 13:49:37

still available at sainsburys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now