Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

any such thing as dairy free cheesecake?

(11 Posts)
loobeylou Wed 17-Sep-08 20:28:05

anyone got a recipe thats nice?

Sazisi Wed 17-Sep-08 20:31:52

Got a recipe for strawberry and tofu cream pie, if you'd like that?
Have to read DD1's story, but I'll be back in a mo'

MoChan Wed 17-Sep-08 20:32:50

It's funny you should say that because I am shortly intending to have a go at a dairy free cheescake using that Toffutti fake cream cheese. It will be an old-fashioned biscuit base/cream cheesy bit/topped with fruit style one, not a baked cheesecake, if that's the kind you mean...

Don't know how it'll work out though!

loobeylou Wed 17-Sep-08 21:13:34

Sazisi - yes please

MoChan - that's what I mean, let me know how it turns out

gigglewitch Wed 17-Sep-08 21:19:32

have never tried cheesecake, will have to keep watching here to see what clever mners come up with. we just substitute df marg and soya products, goats milk and cheese etc and conjure up most things without too much trouble wink

i like this site for good ideas.

gigglewitch Wed 17-Sep-08 21:25:28

sounds yummy

loobeylou Wed 17-Sep-08 21:31:21

Yummy indeed!I want to see
1. a photo of this cheesecake and
2. a photo of somebody with an ecstatic expression on their face having just eaten some
grin

gigglewitch Wed 17-Sep-08 21:34:03

shock they don't wanna do that!
it probably looks awful but tastes nice, the stuff in it is good imo. will have to try doing it and post you some hideous pics then. <tut>

grin

kennythekangaroo Wed 17-Sep-08 21:34:16

There's a whole selection here

loobeylou Wed 17-Sep-08 21:41:35

I will have to stop looking at these as i am hungry and now starting to drool

Sazisi Wed 17-Sep-08 22:52:16

okay here it is (I wasn't reading DD's story all that time, I just forgot to come back blush):

Base:
80g fine oatflakes
80g ground almonds
55ml concentrated apple juice
30ml sunflower oil

Filling;
160g tofu
80ml concentrated apple juice
310g strawberries
2 tsp agar-agar flakes

Blend the oats and ground almonds in a food processor. Mix concentrated apple juice, oil and 2 dessert spoons of water in a jug. Slowly pour this into the processor with motor running until a ball of dough forms.
With dampened fingers, press the dough into an oiled 29cm rectangular cake tin, bringing it evenly up the sides.
Bake for 15 mins, gas 5/190C/375F

Blend the tofu with 30ml concentrated apple juice in processor until creamy; spread over the cooled pastry.

Wash and thinly slice the strawberries; arrange in overlapping slices on top.

Bring to the boil the agar-agar and remainder of concentrated apple juice in a pan with 55ml water; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then spoon the jelly over the strawberries. Chill before serving.

I'm dying to make this, but we haven't a food processor! I might just try it anyway..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now