Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can anyone recommend a good air puifier?

(8 Posts)
hazeyjane Wed 10-Sep-08 07:50:41

We live in a house provided by dh's work, it is very old and has a problem with mould and how ever much I try to clean there are lots of nooks and crannies for dust.

We all suffer from allergies, and dd1 has a bad nightime cough/asthma.

I have had a look at some air purifiers/filters online, and wonder whether they may help, and also whether there is one that people would recommend. Hopefully we could gate dh's work to pay for them.

Thankssmile

hazeyjane Wed 10-Sep-08 09:29:46

anyone?

GentleOtter Wed 10-Sep-08 09:39:29

We use this one. I know it is a bit pricey but it works really well.

hazeyjane Wed 10-Sep-08 09:58:01

Thankyou gentleotter, do you know if that would also help with mould spores?

GentleOtter Wed 10-Sep-08 13:10:24

I found this info hazeyjane and am not sure if the John Lewis one does for mould spores but the HEPA filter is pretty good on it.

GentleOtter Wed 10-Sep-08 13:14:02

Oh, wow! Check out these.
They are saying that they can cope with mould spores but they look quite funky as well.

countryhousehotel Wed 10-Sep-08 13:18:22

we've got this one. Expensive but worth every penny. Had it for about six years still going strong.

hazeyjane Wed 10-Sep-08 22:13:27

Thankyou for the info, and recommendations, the more I read about it the scratchier my throat feels! I'm now thinking about the anti allergy vacuum cleaner too, although my dh may think I am going insane!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now