Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema+creams+soy milk= peanut allergy?

(5 Posts)
Chandra Mon 21-Feb-05 12:36:47

Have just found this on the internet and thought that some of you, who as me have considered to use soy milk instead of the regular one in order to improve skin condition, would like to know about. Obviously, results are not very conclusive but it may help in the decission whether to use soya milk or not or to add a further ingredient to check before using a cream

Peanut allergy is linked to creams for skin rashes

MazArnold Mon 21-Feb-05 18:01:08

Chandra, my dd has been on Wysoy for 2.5 weeks and it is great as it has really helped settle her. It seems to have got rid of a lot of "colic symptons" i.e. she is sleeping much better, is far happier, has less wind etc. The household is much more peaceful.

However...... she is now covered in Ezcema, exactly as described on the 3rd/4th paragraph and also has a rash on her tummy. Ezcema does run in the family and I am a sufferer (very mildly though), so it could well be due to that), however I am more inclined to think it might be the milk.

Today have seen a dietician and been given Nutramigen to try, which I hope keeps her as settled. I will soon see if it the Ezcema starts to improve and will post a message to let you know. Obviously if it goes quickly then we can assume the milk was the cause, in which case I'd be wary. This might take a week or 2 thought before I can report anything.

Chandra Mon 21-Feb-05 21:39:49

MazArnold, hope the diagnosis is a good one. I just posted this because very often there are threads about people whose children have eczema considering making a switch to soya milk.

DS had severe eczema, he still has it but it's much better than last year. He also has suspected asthma and I found this article looking for information about nut allergies as he had a piece of peanut on saturday and got a reaction to it . I have also used soya formula (and most brands in the market but for a short time, in the case of DS's eczema they didn't make a difference. I have checked all his creams and none appears to have arachis oil, posted this in case somebody could benefit from this info.

How old is your DD?

Podmog Tue 22-Feb-05 11:45:01

Message withdrawn

NatureDoc Sat 26-Feb-05 19:31:32

Goats milk is great for kids with cow's milk intoelrances and genealrly doesn't trigger eczema

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now