Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

baby acne or eczema, what do you think please

(3 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Wed 03-Sep-08 20:29:52

my 9mo ds has in the last few days developed loads of spots on his cheeks, a few on his shouldes and back too. They are raised and dry and the surrounding skin is very red. He is scratching and rubbing his head a lot esp when distressed. At first I thought it was baby acne (he had it as a newborn) but looking online it seems that he's a bit old for that to be the case ... could it be eczema? I have been told that I suffered badly with it as a baby.

K999 Wed 03-Sep-08 20:32:38

DD2 has excema and it does not sound like what you are describing....a quick trip to the doctor should put your mind at rest smile

mum2oneloudbaby Wed 03-Sep-08 20:33:59

with my dd her eczema is more patches of dry skin rather than spots although she does itch them.

she had spots that sound similar on her face when she was about 2mo which was a milk allergy but not since. now 9mo.

sorry not much help do you think it could be chicken pox?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now