Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

18mo DS has to have a food challenge in hospital - any tips or advice?

(4 Posts)
trixymalixy Mon 25-Aug-08 23:03:11

It sounds like it's going to be a complete nightmare. I don't see how he is going to last 5 hours without any food, he normally eats like a horse.

I'm still bfing him so he is going to be pulling at my top the whole time.

Am I allowed to bf him or will he be allowed juice?

MatNanPlus Tue 26-Aug-08 12:09:05

According to a US site clear liquids and breast feeding are acceptable, but best to call.

wb Tue 26-Aug-08 13:25:41

When ds1 had a milk challenge he was allowed to eat normally (obviously his normal food was dairy free), I just took the food in with me. The only restriction was he had to eat it in a little side room (challenge was done in day-care unit) as a lot of the other children were being fasted awaiting surgery.

Have you been told he can't eat?

trixymalixy Tue 26-Aug-08 18:00:41

I have been told that he can have a light breakfast, but has to be fasted from 7am and we've to be at the hospital for 9am and the process will last 4-5hours.

I really hope I can bf him as there's no way he'll last from 7am to 2pm without anything to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now