Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Harper and Atherton at GOSH

(6 Posts)
melon1 Thu 17-Feb-05 13:23:59

I've been reading back over old threads about eczema and these doctors names keep cropping up - can anyone tell me how I would go about contacting them (going private) and how much it would cost?

louli Thu 17-Feb-05 13:51:49

Hi, I saw Dr Harper at the Portland for DS as he does a private clinic there. He was very good and it cost £130 per appointment (we saw him 4 times) but I managed to get it covered by private health care. You can book appointments with him on 0207-390-8308. I don't know if you can get an appointment sooner at GOSH. Good luck!

melon1 Thu 17-Feb-05 15:23:19

Thanks Louli - don't know how much luck I'm going to have persuading DP at those prices though!

lisalisa Thu 17-Feb-05 15:25:08

Message withdrawn

bunny2 Thu 17-Feb-05 19:47:09

We took ds to see Dr Atherton at GOSH. The first step was getting a gp referral - we insisted our local hospital were not treating ds' eczema effectively and, althoug reluctant, we go our referral to Dr A. The NHS waiting list was 6 months so we asked for a private appointment and had one the following week. The first consulation was expensive - I think @ £230, the follow-up ones were less. It was alot of money but worth every penny, ds showed signs of improvement within 2 days.

marz Fri 18-Feb-05 09:31:05

Dr Atherton 020 78298632 I think this is the private line no.....if not then they will know the no! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now