Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does she have a dairy allergy?

(3 Posts)
FinalFurlong Thu 21-Aug-08 23:35:00

Only just started weaning this last week as DD is now 6months. She has so far been exclusivly breast fed.
Over the last week the following foods seem to have caused a rash on her face (blotchy and red, slightly puffy round eyes)
~Yoghurt
~fromage frais
~Heinz Baby Breakfast Cereal (contains powdered milk)
Other foods such as carrots, pears, baby rice mixed with BM have been fine.
Not quite sure what to do really, my mother seems to think i should continue giving her the foods to build up a 'tolerance'???
Only really figured out today that the rash was linked to these food types for definate. As she has always had bad exzema, so assumed the facial rash was just an extension of that.
Should i cut out dairy completly?
Its a real shame as natural greek yoghurt is one of the few foods she really seems to like. (dipps her carrot sticks in it) But it seems to be the main culprit.
Am planning to see the doctor as soon as i can get an appointment. My local surgery is always completly innundated.
Thanks all x

JayneF Thu 21-Aug-08 23:45:13

Sounds like an allergy rather than a lacose intolerance (breast milk has lactose and she she was fine previously). Also, i do not hold sway with the building up of a tolerance theory if it is an allergy. If she is having an adverse reaction then (in my very humble opinion)stop the cause immediately, at least until it is confirmed, in case pufiness turns to all out swelling and affects her breathing/swallowing.

FinalFurlong Fri 22-Aug-08 08:33:26

thanks, i thought the same to be honest. i would hate to be feeding her something that was causing a reaction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now