Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can an allergy cause a temperature/fever?

(8 Posts)
cheeryface Tue 19-Aug-08 12:22:18

if a child was allergic to something could it show as a headache and a raised temp???

thanx

cheeryface Tue 19-Aug-08 12:44:57

anyone ?

wb Tue 19-Aug-08 12:50:27

A headache, yes definitely. Temperature - I don't think so - tbh that would say infection to me.

cheeryface Tue 19-Aug-08 13:42:15

o.k thanks

bekkaboo Tue 19-Aug-08 13:56:10

yes temperature used to raise in my ds's reactions x

cheeryface Tue 19-Aug-08 21:57:10

what other signs were there bekkaboo?

thing is i bought some guinea pigs, they are housed outside but he has been near the hutch quite a bit. he has an allergy to dogs and grass pollen that i know of.

since then he has had a raised temp and last night a headache.

i am really hoping its just a coincidence and nothing to do with he guineas as we are all really chuffed with them.

bekkaboo Tue 19-Aug-08 22:14:38

sneezing, blisters on eyes, wheezing? anything like that? it may just be a coincidence but guess if allergies to other pets then may well be allergic to them. Has he been near them today?

cheeryface Tue 19-Aug-08 22:26:49

he has been near the hutch, hasn't actually touched them.
he has no rash or sore eyes or anything.

when he goes near dogs he gets hives.

he's still on his hayfever medicine , but, when its peak season it only helps slightly so i know he could still have allergy symptoms while taking it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now