Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Allergic to rain????????? What on earth?

(6 Posts)
Honneybunny Sat 09-Aug-08 13:49:44

I just know that this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, but am curious what on earth is going on...

Was out cycling in the rain today, and got quite wet (not soaked). I changed into dry clothes as soon as i got home, and noticed that on all those areas that had been exposed to the rain (face, neck, arms) i was covered in hives. it was incredibly itchy as well.
i took an antihistamine and now (an hour later) the hives are slowly fading.
what on earth is this all about? if i am indeed allergic to rain, then i'd probably need to seriously consider emigrating (?) grin

sarah293 Sat 09-Aug-08 13:55:10

Message withdrawn

Ledodgy Sat 09-Aug-08 13:57:28

This has happended to me once as well.

Honneybunny Sat 09-Aug-08 14:19:12

so glad i am not the only one! do you know what cause yours ledodgy?

riven, it did cross my mind that it could be something like pollen or chemicals (we live in a quite rural village, loads of agriculture/farms/etc) raining down.

dh joked that it's something genetic grin: my mum's allergic to sunshine.

fizzbuzz Sat 09-Aug-08 14:48:45

Happens to me as well. Posted a thread about rain allergy about 18 months ago, quite a few people get it, although the general consensus was we were all freaks hmm

My problem is my scalp. If my hair gets wet in the rain it drives me mad with itching and I have to wash it straight away....

hennipenni Sun 10-Aug-08 14:55:57

Oh I get this as well, mainly affecting my face and hands. I've put it down to pollutants or pollen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now