Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cinema Popcorn - ok for dairy allergy sufferer

(7 Posts)
Turniphead1 Sun 03-Aug-08 12:04:59

Hi we are going to the cinema today. Is popcorm ok for milk allergy? I always worry about cross contamination with open containers like that - but its only in the US that popcorn is covered in butter, right? Here its just salt and sugar, I think.

No point asking the gormless people in the cinema...

merryandmad Sun 03-Aug-08 12:17:18

The cinema should provide an ingredients list! I know ours did when my friend was checking for a wheat allergy

HumphreyPillow Sun 03-Aug-08 12:19:25

DS2 has a wheat and dairy allergy, and he's fine with the plain sweet popcorn.

We usually buy a bag from the supermarket before hand though - then we're sure of the ingredients, and we don't have to remortgage. wink

Turniphead1 Sun 03-Aug-08 15:51:44

Thanks for the replies. They didn't have an ingredient list - it was lost hmm but we risked it and all was well. Next time will be more organised and buy from the shop to save money.

HumphreyPillow Sun 03-Aug-08 15:53:50

glad all was well. smile
which film did you see?

Turniphead1 Sun 03-Aug-08 15:57:39

Wall-E. Me and DH loved it but our DC and guest (5, nearly 5 and nearly 3) were a bit too young for it!. I loved it because it didn't have any of those "adult" jokes that go above children's heads thing that was becoming a bit prevalent in moves like Shrek etc.

HumphreyPillow Sun 03-Aug-08 16:07:20

We all loved Wall-E too.

DS2 (10) cried in bed that night because he wished Wall-E was real.
(He had had a very busy day though! grin)

I liked the way the first part had no speech in it at all, and was still fascinating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now