Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Aveeno Prescription - anyone else having problems getting it?

(10 Posts)
Turniphead1 Fri 01-Aug-08 18:26:15

I know there was a thread about this before (lack of availability) but my GP is now saying this is not available any longer on prescription. Does anyone know if this is the case?
I think what she is saying is its not on their prescription list as it is more expensive than Cetraban etc.

Thanks.

GordonTheGopher Fri 01-Aug-08 19:53:46

I got some today so that's rubbish. Although I guess it varies across the country.

overthemill Fri 01-Aug-08 19:59:54

we had the bath additive prescribed recently but do you mean the cream? i think the guidance will be local to each PCT

poshtottie Fri 01-Aug-08 20:42:01

i think it depends on your PCT, I have got aveeno on prescription though I told my gp that I had tried everything else.

Yesterday I tried to get some sunsense ultra sun cream on prescription and was told by my gp that I couldn't have it as it was too expensive.

Turniphead1 Sat 02-Aug-08 14:29:04

Thanks all. Will delve a little deeper with the GP.

GordonTheGopher Sat 02-Aug-08 16:55:43

Turnip do you want me to send you one?

vonsudenfed Sat 02-Aug-08 17:06:03

DD has aveeno cream on prescription - has done for a while - but the dr prescribed her the bath oil only last week.

It did take me a while to get the first prescription, though, as not all doctors are persuadable. But get it on repeat now.

Turniphead1 Sat 02-Aug-08 19:15:59

Gordon - that's so kind. Do you mean a prescription or a bottle of Aveeno? T'head.

GordonTheGopher Sun 03-Aug-08 08:26:29

Message withdrawn

Turniphead1 Sun 03-Aug-08 15:55:32

delete Gordon. thanks so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now