Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you want to spend a day at Dyson HQ learning about allergies (and get a free Dyson Allergy vacuum cleaner?)

(158 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jul-08 14:46:44

Hi there

Dyson want to invite five Mumsnetters who have children who suffer from asthma and/or dust allergies to visit their HQ in Wiltshire on Tuesday 9th September. During the course of the day the Dyson microbiologists will examine a sample of your dust to let you know what's lurking in your carpets shock and offer advice and tips on how to keep allergens at bay. Dyson will cover any transport costs and give you a Dyson Allergy vacuum cleaner for your troubles smile

All Dyson ask in return is that you come back and tell everyone else on Mumsnet all about your new-found dust busting tips later in September.

If your family fit the allergy bill, you know you're free on the 9th and fancy a day out and a new Dyson - you can sign up here

Best

MNHQ

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 14:53:18

I have entered!!!

cremolafoam Thu 31-Jul-08 14:54:56

Me me- but would they pay for me to come from NI
I have hayfever
dust allergy
etc etc etc
The dermatologist I see says i am the most genuinely allergic person he has met

objectivity Thu 31-Jul-08 15:10:37

Can I turn mild allergy to my total lack of dusting ability into a proper free Dyson getting allergy. If not, will my allergy to housework count?

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 15:10:42

oooh i would love to come but none of us have any allergies (apart from ds having eczema) and i can;t drive and i am due on the 12th sept!! sad

could really do with a new vac ours i broken

objectivity Thu 31-Jul-08 15:11:51

Mine's broken too - haven't vacuumed for weeks and weeks - we must be ABOUT to get allergic to this filth hole soon...

kormachameleon Thu 31-Jul-08 15:12:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JRocks Thu 31-Jul-08 15:14:35

Finally a possible upside to my dust allergy! smile

KnightCider Thu 31-Jul-08 15:15:43

mustsleep, you cant do the sad face because your family are allergy free, seriously. sod good health, i want a free dyson!!
its wrong. grin

objectivity Thu 31-Jul-08 15:20:17

Of course it is terrible to have a REAL allergy, but we ARE talking 'Dyson' and 'free' in the same sentence.

mustsleep Thu 31-Jul-08 15:28:43

tell me about it but how would you get down there?

misdee Thu 31-Jul-08 15:38:47

can i sign up for the day but not the dyson as i already have an allergy one from their earlier promotion? can my sister have the dyson instead (lisad123), she will come with me, her dd's have eczema, and she has to dust bust every time my kids come over to play (they have asthma eczema, dust mite allergy, hayfever, other enviromental allergies)

please?

i know it means one extra person to come along, but i need some more advice on keeping the place dust free, and a chaparone, as will be 7+months pregnant at that point.

Electricgooberella Thu 31-Jul-08 15:58:08

Done.

Please make sure I am one of the winners.
Thanks, I love you.

DorrisMcWhirter Thu 31-Jul-08 16:05:24

Oh wow! How good would that be.
Filled in and have fingers crossed grin

ThingOne Thu 31-Jul-08 16:08:34

Oh bugger, it's me and DH what suffer, not the kids, sob!

Rhubarbstalkingarsehole Thu 31-Jul-08 16:10:47

Oooooh a day at a vaccum cleaning factory! Will it be run by Mr Wonka?

psychomum5 Thu 31-Jul-08 16:15:19

I was the first to enter, therefore I should be the first to win!!!

wink

I forgot to add in about my lot having asthma.....can I enter again???

StormInanEcup Thu 31-Jul-08 16:15:59

Message withdrawn

brimfull Thu 31-Jul-08 16:35:02

have entered

do I have to show them my dusty bedroom or do we take the dust with us??

CamillaDyson Thu 31-Jul-08 16:43:45

ggirl - please just bring along a sample from your house.

Thanks,
CamillaDyson

ilovemydog Thu 31-Jul-08 17:06:37

can i bring my inhaler?

CamillaDyson Thu 31-Jul-08 17:25:55

Ha ha - I think so yes. Although not sure that you can bring your dog. Have to save that for a pet special...

wotulookinat Thu 31-Jul-08 17:37:40

I've entered grin

mosschops30 Thu 31-Jul-08 17:37:49

sugar just seen its 9th sept not 9th august. Count me out now, I start my new job on 8th sad

RedFraggle Thu 31-Jul-08 17:59:00

I've entered! We are an allergic, hay fever and allergy riddled bunch at RedFraggle-land!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now