Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy/wheat free cookbooks - any recommendations?

(4 Posts)
appledumpling Thu 24-Jul-08 13:36:16

I've always had a bit of an on-off relationship with wheat and dairy. Whilst preganant with DS it was very definitely "on" and I could eat bread/cheese/milk etc with no problems at all.

Am now preganant with DC2 and the relationship is definitely "off".

Can anyone recommend a dairy/wheat free cookbook? I can modify a lot of the recipes I already use but something a bit more specific would be helpful.

flamingtoaster Thu 24-Jul-08 16:38:52

When my son first developed his allergies I found:

Cooking Without: Barbara Cousins

useful to get me started. However, if you've been adapting your own recipes already I would have thought you wouldn't gain much from any of the "without" cookbook.

You'll find lots of already adapted wheat/glutenfree recipes here:

http://coeliac.info/suppboard/

and you can just substitute for the milk.

appledumpling Thu 24-Jul-08 18:46:01

Thank you flamingtoaster.

spottycat Thu 24-Jul-08 18:58:41

try the waitrose website - they have started doing quite a lot of gluten free receipes now. They've also started stocking Livwell products, naan breads are actually quite good (taste like pitta bread, but are edible so I'm not complaining!) and the bagels are also ok if you try to forget what real bagels taste like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now