Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

latex allergy

(8 Posts)
orangehead Wed 23-Jul-08 21:02:20

It looks like I might have a latex allergy, having tests next week. Besides the obvious condoms and medical gloves, what else contains latex? Anyone else allergic and have any advice? Many thanks

laidbackinengland Wed 23-Jul-08 21:03:28

Balloons sometimes do...Dh has a latex allergy and has had a couple of near misses with balloons !

orangehead Wed 23-Jul-08 21:12:22

Thanks laidback

donovan Wed 23-Jul-08 21:12:34

Orangehead, did you know that your family planning will get you latex free condoms if you ask for them.

orangehead Wed 23-Jul-08 21:21:16

Just been there tonight actually as I usually use the cap. Now have to decide what to use as I go a bit mental on the pill. But they gave me some free ones till I figure out what to do

donovan Wed 23-Jul-08 21:37:07

go for a hormone free coil, but tell fp that you have a latex allergy, as they will have to use latex free gloves.

wb Thu 24-Jul-08 18:51:41

Tons of medical-related stuff. If it is a severe allergy you might want to consider a medical alert bracelet in case of A&E - related incidents.

I don't know if washing up gloves still have latex in them, but they used to.

fledtoscotland Mon 28-Jul-08 14:58:29

loads of gloves (household and gardening) have latex, balloons, some clothing, anything with a "stretch" may contain latex.

i have a sensitivity (get blisters and rash) but get fed up with nothing being labelled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now