Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Aveeno - which is better the lotion or cream?

(9 Posts)
everlong Wed 23-Jul-08 13:16:46

Hoping for a bit of feedback please.

My ds is nearly and has suffered with excema quite badly for the last 12 months. We've tried dermol,oilatum and diprobase plus the hydrocortisone 1%.

None of these Aveeno thought I would try it. So just wondered if you prefered the lotion or the cream.

tia

everlong Wed 23-Jul-08 13:18:24

Don't know what happened with the last sentence I know it doesn't make sense -sorry!

Need to eat something lol

auntyspan Wed 23-Jul-08 13:22:11

I swear by Aveeno - DD has very nasty excema and it clears it up after about 4/5 days.

The lotion is best for when the really sore spots have cleared up and you just want soemthing to keep it at bay.

The cream is much more intense and good for the really sore bits, for DD that means behind the knees, behind the elbows and some areas on her neck.

HTH x

everlong Wed 23-Jul-08 13:24:56

Oh thank you. So you would you suggest to buy both?

meep Wed 23-Jul-08 13:33:09

I also swear by Aveeno. Your GP will give you a prescription for it so you don't have to pay.

I use the Aveeno cream for me and dd. Remember not to rub it in - put a layer on the itchy/dry patch and let it soak in.

You can also get a bath oil which is lovely.

everlong Wed 23-Jul-08 13:41:28

Had thought about going to the gp's but we are going away on friday and you can never get a quick appointment so thought I would buy it thins time.

Thanks for your input.

auntyspan Wed 23-Jul-08 14:27:51

Go with the cream first...

savoycabbage Wed 23-Jul-08 15:21:23

I have got doublebase gel for my dd.

harpomarx Wed 23-Jul-08 15:28:55

cream and bath oil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now