Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

5+ week old with rash? Any advice?

(4 Posts)
wishbird Tue 22-Jul-08 14:51:42

Hi,

My DS has a rash which is mainly on his face, little bit on neck. HV said it could be allergy to johnsons products, so only bathed in water for past week. It still hasn't gone yet - and some days seems angrier than others? Does it take longer than a week to go? Could it be summat else maybe? Any ideas? Rash is pimply - quite red sometimes, though doesn't seem to bother him at all?

Thanks for any advice/info grin

MrsTiddles Tue 22-Jul-08 17:38:23

It sounds like a milk rash. My 7 mth old DD had this from about week 3 until recently. Its hard washing their necks when they're very little and easy for the milk to get stuck down there. I would keep washing with just water at this stage and dab dry with a soft towel and try to wipe gently after feeds.

LIZS Tue 22-Jul-08 17:40:11

Sounds like baby acne - a response to the hormones coming out of his system. There isn't a lot you can do but keeping clear of scented products amnd using plain water may help.

mrschop Tue 22-Jul-08 17:44:25

My DS got something similar to what you describe from his face being on the cot sheet: washed in Ariel non-bio. Switched to Fairy (or Persil non-bio) and it went. HV said this was quite common, so maybe worth a try?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now