Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Food intolerance in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
spottycat Sat 19-Jul-08 16:12:41

Hello, I am seven weeks pregnant with my first. I am gluten and lactose intolerant, and want to do everything I can to try and stop my child being born with intolerances as well.

My consultant has said he will look into it, in the mean time does anyone else have experience of this, or know what you should do? (i.e. cut the foods out completely, only eat as much as you can tolerate without symptoms, eat lots?!)

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Also, is there a glossary anywhere which explains what the acronyms mean - DD BFP etc, I'm new to this and haven't quite mastered the code!

Thanks

talilac Sun 20-Jul-08 16:01:19

Hello Spottycat

Have you had a chance to talk to your mum about her pg with you / your early days?

ie, did she have any excessive cravings while pg? Were you formula fed or bf? At what age were you weaned?

Might give you some clues as to possible triggers, plus there is evidence that bfing and not weaning before 6 months protects against allergies and food intolerance..

Just one suggestion really, I'm sure other people will have more..

tatt Sun 20-Jul-08 19:49:24

take probiotics in the last months of pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Don't know that food makes any difference except for asthma where the results are mixed except for a protective effect of oily fish. Some suggestions that a diet high in fruit and veg may help but other studies have found no effect.

There probably is a code somewhere but dd and ds are dear daughter and dear son, Dp is dear partner (ironic, sometimes), Oh is other half and I don't know what BFP is but BFF is best friends forever!

nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 19:56:36

Here you go.No advice on the food though.

www.mumsnet.com/acronyms.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now