Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

salicylate sensitivity and general chemical sensitivity help

(3 Posts)
snozmum Fri 20-Jun-08 15:38:01

Does anyone know any good forums for parents of children with salicylate and chemical sensitivities? Our 2.5 year old is sensitive to salicylates and high phenol foods and can't even play with play doh without getting hyperactive because of the chemicals in it. We are waiting for a hospital referral because at the moment he is surviving on Neocate, meat, rice and pears. It is such a difficult road - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you.

martini82 Wed 02-Jul-08 07:51:31

sorry can't really point you to anywhere but i'm really interested as to how do you know he is sensitive to salicylates?? my ds has adhd and i think salicylates could be a trigger but don't know how to test for it. just a thought some of the adhd web sites may have some info.

bambi06 Thu 17-Jul-08 20:45:52

courgettes also affect my son and avocado.. what about butternut squash/sweet potatoes..my son loves these and doesnt react

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now