Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help! Excema nightmare

(6 Posts)
Viney Mon 24-Jan-05 13:17:07

My second child is just nine weeks old and the poor fellow is COVERED in excema already. His sister had it too, but not so badly. One doctor has prescribed hydrocortisone (!), another a wheat-based cream called Aveno and graphite (homeopathic remedy). Does anyone have any other suggestions? He's breast-fed, with Milupa top-ups. I did the whole goat's milk thing with his sis, but to be honest I'm not sure it made any difference... hers just cleared up on its own as soon as she stopped teething.

donnie Mon 24-Jan-05 13:48:03

I am so sorry about this. I speak as a mother whose dd became covered in awful, weepy eczema at 3 months old . We tried EVERYTHING and to be honest nothing worked until we tried wet wrapping which your son may be too young for. She is 3 now and just gets the odd patch here and there but it was a bloody long haul....for the record we get aveeno on prescription for her and it moisturises very well. We also tried the whole soya milk thing without any real results.I would give homeopathy a go, although again for us it proved fruitless ( I have used homeopathy for other things with success though). Keep his nails short and don't let him get too warm and pester your GP for a referral to a paediatric dermatologist. Good luck.You'll find quite a few threads on this subject in the archives.

msann Mon 24-Jan-05 14:13:04

we use bath 'oilatum' doesnt smell 2 gud .... but works if used regularly

LIZS Mon 24-Jan-05 14:16:11

We use Balneum Hermal Plus bath and Almond oil cream.

Sandi102 Tue 25-Jan-05 20:12:47

please try and persist with aveeno. I'm only just seeing the results now, after applying twice a day for 4 weeks. I'm also new to usingthe SK cream, but I don't know whether you could use it on a baby. If you want to know more about SK cream I can give you some details. Other than that, I gave aptamil first and I think that helped ds2. good luck vieny, you have to go with whatever ur dd reacts well too

Fran1 Tue 25-Jan-05 20:17:01

Another fan of aveeno here after trying every other cream possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now