Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What does your eczema child wear in the daytime?

(6 Posts)
Elf Wed 19-Jan-05 14:21:03

DS is 12 months old and we still have him wearing those sleepsuit type things under a pair of trousers and a top so that he can't scratch himself.

I wondered what other kids wear. I would love him to wear a normal outfit but surely he would just pull off his socks and/or lift up his trouser legs and scratch a lot.

Also, we use proper, lovely, but v expensive eczema clothing for nightime, ie soft, no seams, poppers etc - do any of you have daytime stuff and do you think it is worth the expense? Thank you in advance.

Podmog Wed 19-Jan-05 14:50:09

Message withdrawn

misdee Wed 19-Jan-05 15:15:43

dd1 i used to put her sleepsuits on backwards with mittens sewn in myself, so she couldnt escape and scratch. dd2 i use all-in-ones from cotton comfort or lovely soft cotton pj's when she sin isnt bad.

daytime clothes, as much cotton as possible, vests with soft seams, and i always check seams and stuff for scratchiness. i am very fussy.

Elf Thu 20-Jan-05 18:41:34

thanks for the replies. Podmog what are Bobux shoes?

Podmog Thu 20-Jan-05 19:31:43

Message withdrawn

bobbybob Sat 29-Jan-05 06:53:41

My ds still wears bobux at 2 and he is obviously walking, here in NZ you can get them up to age 7!

We used to turn ds's clothing inside out so the seams didn't aggravate him. The poppers under body suits still fasten. Probably not as good as the special clothes but much cheaper.

DS stopped scratching when we gave him a small dose of zyrtec daily. It may be worth it so your little man can wear normal clothes. What he is wearing sounds really quite hot, my ds would try to scratch if he was wearing a sleepsuit and trousers and a top in a presumably heated room. He is presently in bed (summer here 21 degrees in his room) in a vest body and a pair of cotton shorts. No gro bag, sheet or covers at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now