Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone suggest a non-irritating dummy for 6m eczema suffering ds please?

(8 Posts)
Tyme Wed 14-May-08 14:12:20

I never really wanted to use dummies but ds sucked his thumb and would get really distressed when I would cover his hands to stop him from scratching. I give him a dummy for sleeping/napping only and he is really content with it.
I've tried a few different types but they all seem to rub on his gorgeous fat cheeks so now he has really red sore patches.
Ideally, I need one with no side bits or sides that turn slightly out instead of in.

Does anyone know what I mean and can help me?

Tyme Wed 14-May-08 19:29:40

bumping

lankyesme Fri 16-May-08 21:06:38

No idea, but bumping for you

fizzbuzz Fri 16-May-08 21:37:01

Could you put vaseline on his face first? hmm

Salleroo Sat 21-Jun-08 23:16:37

Tommee Tippee. the smooth plastic one with the little duck or monkey workes for dd. I bought the TT coloured ones recently but they have a rough rubber surround the made the surrounding skin flare up. Dont know if this advice is too late as you posted in May.

MeMySonAndI Mon 23-Jun-08 18:16:15

It depends on how bad the eczema is, in DS case there was no option, the dummy was a liability causing recurrent infections so it had to go.

eddiejo Mon 07-Jul-08 21:16:39

Put some lasinoh nipple cream on after wash and dry - it's amazing and works well!

misscutandstick Thu 10-Jul-08 11:04:20

MAM do 'air' ones and a range of others too.

try this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now