Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bloody nut allergy

(11 Posts)
pinkroses Wed 12-Jan-05 21:44:04

I am sitting typing this as I feel my top lip tingle and swell up. I look like I have had botox on my top lip......all because I had a shop bought lasagne for tea which had nut traces in it.

I have always been allergic to nuts, but it used to just make me rather sick.....but now it is getting rather worse as my face tends to swell and it can affect my heart speed and breathing. I never knew it would get worse as I got older.....think it may be another trip to hospital for me if my lip doesn't go down!!!

Anyone else suffer with this???

misdee Wed 12-Jan-05 21:46:54

go to hospital if u havent got anti histimines handy.

it can get worse and u may be at risk of aniphylaxic reaction in the future. u need to get this sorted really. and no more lasagne!

Aero Wed 12-Jan-05 21:48:24

No experience of this personally pinkroses, but I do hope you're ok. My friends son also has this allergy and it is just amazing how careful they need to be and I will be as they're coming to my ds's birthday this week! A lot of label reading will be in order.

pinkroses Wed 12-Jan-05 21:49:50

I've got anti-histimines but it's not worked yet!!! Just rang my dad to come and watch kids as I'm gonna go to hospital for a needle.....great!!!

I wouldn't mind if the lasagne was nice, but it was awful!!! Atleast I've found that botox doesn't suit me......I look like Mick Jagger

Aero Wed 12-Jan-05 21:50:51

Good luck pinkroses. lol at the botox theory.

misdee Wed 12-Jan-05 22:01:42

poor you at looking like mick jagger.

hope the needle dont hurt too much.

Aero Fri 14-Jan-05 23:22:10

Was wondering how you are pinkroses - hope you're ok.

pinkroses Sat 15-Jan-05 18:35:21

I'm fine now....been a bit ill last couple of days and rather sleepy with the needle I got in hospital. It stopped my lips going any bigger but it took a day for them to go down....I then got hit with the after-effects of digesting nuts, I was violently ill!!!

Feel better today though....and don't look like MIck Jagger anymore

Aero Sat 15-Jan-05 19:39:39

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

tr Wed 19-Jan-05 14:48:34

bloody nut allergy!! exactly!! i hope you are recovering from your reaction. my dd has a nut allergy. its a complete pain. we have to read everything on ingredients list b4 we buy. And as for restaurants !- well, a complete nightmare. Was you a child when you found out about your allergy? My dd is only 9 now but i do worry about how shes going to cope when shes in her teenage years. Shouldnt you have Epipens with you at all times? my dd has.

MrsFogi Wed 19-Jan-05 14:59:42

pinkroses I have a very close friend who has this and each time she has a reaction it is worse than the last one. I'd definately get along to the hospital and if you don't have one already, ask for one of those pens (easy injection)to carry around with you in case you every have a really bad reaction.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now