Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eczema on scalp - how do I treat it?

(8 Posts)
rickman Sun 02-Jan-05 22:50:24

Message withdrawn

Hulababy Sun 02-Jan-05 22:56:18

Have you been to the GP? They normally have special lotions and shampoos you can try.

I have psorasis on my scalp and have tried allsorts, but the latest stuff I have been given, so far, seems quite good.

makealist Sun 02-Jan-05 23:11:15

hello hulababy, I also get psoraris on my scalp, could you tell me what your new stuff is called and was it on prescription? I also occaisonally get it in my eyebrows and down the sides of my nose

Clare1406 Sun 02-Jan-05 23:41:57

Nizoral shampoo is good for adults, & eumovate cream. i get sceboric dermatits, round my hairline, gets really sore when i'm stressed. But for baby's Tescos do a shampoo, can't remember the name, but it's got a white label with green writing! Trying to think.

Hulababy Mon 03-Jan-05 21:13:08

makealist - I went to the GP again and got it on prescription. The latest stuff I am using under my arms is a cream/ointment - Dovobet, I use it twice a day for 4 weeks. I have been using it for just over a week now and it is really making a difference.

I also have Dovonex - which os a lotion for my scalp. I start using that this week = 3-4 times a week for 4 weeks. I am hoping it will work as effectively as the ointment.

misdee Mon 03-Jan-05 21:13:59

have u got those DLA forms sorted yet?

oilatum do a special shampoo.

makealist Mon 03-Jan-05 21:23:33

Thanks, I shall give them a go.
I can go months being clear of it, then it comes back and I'll have it for ages, then as sudden as it came, it goes!!
I also put it down to stress!!

NatureDoc Tue 04-Jan-05 19:59:47

Hi Rickman - try these products: www.taylor-jackson.com - they so a natural shampoo for psoriasis ansd eczema. Have you thought about seeing a naturaopth to work out why she is getting th eczema in the first place?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now