Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Q. for those of you that get gf food on prescription

(8 Posts)
wangle99 Mon 10-Mar-08 20:05:24

Is it possible to get flour on prescription rather than the boxed 'mixes'?

Thank you

tkband3 Tue 11-Mar-08 22:14:56

I have so far only got the boxed mixes from DS and juvela, but someone mentioned on another thread that they get Tritamyl flour on prescription and that it is very good for making cakes. Am planning on giving it a try when we next get a new prescription.

tkband3 Tue 11-Mar-08 22:14:56

I have so far only got the boxed mixes from DS and juvela, but someone mentioned on another thread that they get Tritamyl flour on prescription and that it is very good for making cakes. Am planning on giving it a try when we next get a new prescription.

tkband3 Tue 11-Mar-08 22:15:29

oops blush. Don't know what happened there! Time for bed I think (was up v. early!).

flamingtoaster Wed 12-Mar-08 16:35:12

The full list of prescribable gf items is here:

http://www.coeliac.co.uk/documents/prescribablelist_march2008.pdf

Several forms of Tritamyl are listed but they are described as mixes rather than just flour.

misscutandstick Thu 17-Jul-08 13:21:01

link to list many thanks to OP for this link smile

coe114c Thu 17-Jul-08 16:44:24

Orgran self raising flour is on prescription too.

wangle99 Tue 22-Jul-08 08:21:57

OOO only just seen this forgotten I had posted this question! Will definately try to get some flour next time we spend a fortune!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now