Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone who can talk to me if they have had baby/young child diagnosed with coeliac disease?

(4 Posts)
onepieceoflollipop Sun 24-Feb-08 21:52:45

I'm just after advice/reassurance at the moment. dh has coeliac disease - was very unwell as a small baby, diagnosed at 18 months. dd1 is fine. dd2 is 6.5 months and just started weaning. She was exclusively b/fed until 25 weeks, then we started on solids plus one bottle of formula every day, plus continuing with breast milk

Sorry if this next bit is tmi. I am aware that due to weaning and change of milk that there will be a change in the nappies. (i.e. a lot more smelly and more like "real" poo iykwim). She has a 1:10 chance of developing cd, because of her dad. In line with advice from Coeliac UK I have introduced (slowly) alongside the normal veg/fruit/rice some small amounts of toast, porridge etc. Her nappies today have been a lot smellier and much more in quantity.

I don't want to be an over anxious mother, but I need to hear from any of you who may have been in a similar situation. How soon would you notice any problems? I know it can be hard to diagnose and isn't always obvious from the symptoms. I don't mind if she does have cd, but I do want to make sure we spot anything worrying earlier rather than later. Dh lost his hair and loads of weight as a baby before he was diagnosed.

nightcat Sun 24-Feb-08 22:14:35

there is a fab forum with section for parents of young children
[[ http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/ link]]

nightcat Sun 24-Feb-08 22:15:21

there is a fab forum with section for parents of young children
link

onepieceoflollipop Sun 24-Feb-08 22:18:09

Thanks so much nightcat, Will take a look at this tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now