Talk

Advanced search

Eye infection in toddler

(3 Posts)
sparkles311 Sun 03-May-20 11:56:55

Hi Lovely mum's,

My 16 months toddler is having an eye infection since a week now. His right eyelid was swollen and red. GP had initially diagnosed it as periorbital cellulitis. And gave co-amoxiclav antibiotics to be taken 3 times a day orally. When things didn't improve in 48 hours, we went to children emergency. But they said to continue with the oral antibiotics and it's not cellulitis as the child doesn't have fever or restricted eye movement . On the 5th day GP had again reviewed via video call, and said we need to take him to AnE again and this time he would be seen by a paediatric doc. Second time, it's the same thing, they said it's not cellulitis. But they r not able to say what exactly it is. I am worried bcoz it hasn't gone completely. It has indeed gone better than before. But I could still see the difference in both eyes. The right eye still looks a bit swollen.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 03-May-20 13:52:14

Hi sorry I can't help but I'm not sure you've posted in the right section? You may be better posting in Children's Health or Chat.

Hope he improve soon thanks

sparkles311 Sun 03-May-20 14:46:44

Thanks for responding. I have posted it in children's health

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in