Talk

Advanced search

Rosacea

(6 Posts)
Dizzyblack Sat 08-Feb-20 21:08:27

I have recently developed Rosacea and looking for advice on how to reduce the swelling on my cheekbones and the redness.

I've changed my diet and also switched my makeup to Bare Minerals.

OP’s posts: |
sleepsuit Sun 09-Feb-20 12:56:43

I find drinking lots of water helps.
Have you tried any creams yet? La Roche Posay and Dermalex do reasonably good ones, although they are quite expensive. Around £20 a tube.
I went to the Drs for stronger creams to get the redness down initially. Soolantra made it go away for almost a year before I had another flare up. It was a case of trial and error though - some things didn't work that well!

Dizzyblack Sun 09-Feb-20 15:29:36

Thank you for that. I shall look into both. So I'm clear is this something that comes and goes?

OP’s posts: |
Sgtmajormummy Sun 09-Feb-20 15:44:07

I bought this for 13YO DD and gave it a try on my embarrassing red, crusted,weepy nose that the Dr had diagnosed as rosacea 18m before. Anything was worth a go ...
Miraculous recovery in one application!
It worked a treat and I’ve only used it every 8 weeks or so since. www.boots.com/acnecide-gel-30g-10187571

Sgtmajormummy Sun 09-Feb-20 15:49:27

Yes it comes and goes. Mine was in 2 week cycles and I was always moisturising, using Maroccan olive oil soap, all the bland remedies, plus cortisone serum when it got bad.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 10-Feb-20 21:27:30

I developed this when I was PG with DC1 who is soon to be 16.

So over the years I've tried lots of things. I use Aleppo soap with 40% laurel oil. If it's really bad I use soolantra.

I am on a daily antibiotic too, which does help but that's for blepharitis.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in