Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Argh not enough blood taken

(6 Posts)
wangle99 Thu 30-Aug-07 16:33:59

DS had blood taken on 15th August to test for coeliac disease.

Been anxiously waiting last few days for results, hospital rings today and tells me they didn't take enough blood so they couldn't do the test.

angry Have to go up tomorrow for more and another two week wait.

Really stupid but I am so upset by this as thought we were finally getting somewhere. Feel a right wally lol

MamaG Thu 30-Aug-07 16:35:05

Why should you feel a wally? Tis the hospital's fault. Its difficult enough having to make a child give some blood, they should apologise.

wangle99 Thu 30-Aug-07 16:56:40

Feel a wally I'm so upset! Came off the phone in tears. Wanted to get a diagnoses before he went back to school on the 11th September but don't think it will happen now.

Think I'm too hormonal at the moment lol

MamaG Thu 30-Aug-07 22:43:56

Aw poor wangle

KerryMum Fri 31-Aug-07 00:08:57

They did this with BOTH my dss RAST tests. The SCREAMING that went on when they had their blood drawn and they take a lot for that.

And then came back to me and said blood was no good!

angry

Still haven't taken them back yet.

clerkKent Fri 31-Aug-07 12:40:39

wangle,

if you can, try to get a genetic screening test done with the same blood sample. This will help establish whether coeliac disease is possible in the future, even if not present now. DS has the gene, but not the disease (his problem was giardiasis).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now