Talk

Advanced search

Blocked nose

(4 Posts)
coffeeeandtv Thu 02-Jan-20 21:53:10

Rather than waste a doctor appointment with a minor ailment can any give advice concerning my intermittent total blocked nose followed by sneezing and rhinitis
I've tried all decongestant spays including a steroid one from the doctor, vicks and even fishermen friends 😂😂. Anti histamines help slightly with the rhinitis, I feel awful complaining as my friend is undergoing cancer treatment but it is affecting my life as I have to wear a facemask in work which is constantly damp, I have no sense of smell or taste and a permanent low grade headache from my blocked sinuses. Steaming brings about temporary relief and going out in the cold makes the whole issue much worse.... can anyone help???

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Thu 02-Jan-20 21:56:16

Dh takes a daily antihistamine plus uses a nasal spray - he has perennial rhinitis

coffeeeandtv Thu 02-Jan-20 22:19:32

Thanks dementedpixie think I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself as I was bought lots of nice gin/chocolates for Christmas and I couldn't taste any of them.... think I need to put on my big girl pants and persevere with the sprays and antihistamines any suggestions for the best combinations???

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Thu 02-Jan-20 22:21:29

Dh uses loratidine tablets and nasonex spray. They are prescribed by the gp

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in