Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nectarines and nappy rash

(8 Posts)
Alison75 Sun 26-Aug-07 22:03:34

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but couldn't find a nappy rash posting! My 9 month old DD has developed a nappy rash over the last few days which is getting worse each day - Sudacrem doesn't seem to be working at all. She never gets n/rash and then only new food in her diet is nectarines. Does anyone know if there is a link or am I barking up the wrong tree? I can't think of anything else that would be causing it. Also, does anyone know of any good creams I could try? Thanks

mrsdelboy Sun 26-Aug-07 22:12:26

The most fantastic cream is Bepanthanen. I get it in tesco's but Boots do it in a bigger size tube.

When my DS gets napy rash it is usually because he is teething. Sudacrem doesn't work with him either but after one day of using Bepanthanen it has usually gone or if not, there is a dramatic improvement.

My DS loves nectarines and it does not give him nappy rash but every one is different.

Alison75 Sun 26-Aug-07 22:22:59

thanks very much! will get some tomorrow and see how we go!

mrsdelboy Sun 26-Aug-07 22:32:53

I hope it works for your DD too! grin

And if the nappy rash is bad, I always put quite a bit on. The instructions say spread thinly but I usually put a bit more on as I am so desperate for it to go! I always feel so bad for my DS whe he gets it. But only 4 more teeth to go now as he is 18 months old.smile

SpeccieSeccie Sun 26-Aug-07 22:47:30

Alison, I posted about nappy rash last week here and got helpful replies. The metanium cream is really working and ds is a different baby since I have started using chamomile tea on his bottom and in his bath! HTH

tigerlilysmum Wed 29-Aug-07 14:08:31

Natural wipes soaked in chamomile tea work really well x

noidea1972 Sun 30-Sep-07 20:19:54

My DD never seemed to get nappy rash until she had nectarines also, in fact anything from that group of fruit including apricots, plums/prunes etc, even though she loves to eat them. I had to cut them out of her diet for a while and now she only has them once a week and doesn't seem to get a rash.

Flibbertyjibbet Sun 30-Sep-07 20:35:11

We found anything with citrus or tangy type fruit set off nappy rash. Its just her tummy and bum getting used to different things.
The camomile tea is definitely the best thing I have ever tried. Just make up a cup, let it cool (obviously!!) and leave it near the changing stuff, then dip a washable wipe or some cotton wool it it at change time.
Let it dry (blowing gently seems to help the nappy rash irritation feeling for baby as you do it), then just bog standard zinc and castor oil cream. IMO old fashioned but still the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now