Talk

Advanced search

Coeliac / NCGS peripheral neuropathy

(1 Post)
Perid0t Sun 24-Nov-19 07:43:09

So I have had peripheral neuropathy for about 6 weeks now. Very bloomin’ scary.

Doctor referred me for bloods but didn’t include a coeliac screen. I went back and requested one. My dad, nan on his side and half sister on his side are all coeliac / gluten intolerant (but not diagnosed as they didn’t see the point in a formal diagnosis 🙄)

I’m having the bloods Tuesday but this nerve damage is really scaring the bejesus out of me. I’m at the point that I want the coeliac screen to come back positive so I can actually take control and do something.

Anyway. My point is, if any of you have coeliac or gluten sensitivity and suffer(ed) with neuropathy, did going GF help?

I also have chronic daily headaches and have for years with no apparent cause. Gastro wise, I have a lot of wind which is often painful, I bloat throughout the day (both of which I assumed was normal for everyone) but recently I’ve been suffering from constipation / diarrhoea / normal / back to constipation again.

Tia.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »