Advanced search

On holiday with this

(8 Posts)
Curlyhair40 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:02:58

Currently in Italy, and have been bitten by mosquitoes. Worse ones are on my leg, huge bubbles I burst this morning.
Would this be worth a visit to walk in tomorrow when home?
Shall attach pics, thanks for advice

1Supersonic Mon 21-Oct-19 18:05:33

Hi. Please get medical attention for this. It looks painful.

Your medical insurance should cover things like this.

Curlyhair40 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:12:42

I am returning to UK within next 12 hours, so can see doctor when I am home, have had reactions but never like this with a bubble, wont stop oozing, have covered with gauze and applied bandage to keep clean
Many thanks for reply

MrsJoshNavidi Mon 21-Oct-19 18:20:53

Have you taken any antihistamine? You should. Anything over the counter like Piriton or shops own brand.

Curlyhair40 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:33:32

Yes, been taking anti allergy tablets for last 24 hours, just a generic supermarket type

Cuddling57 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:38:42

You poor thing! That is a bad reaction. I'd get some antiseptic spray on that then keep it covered.

Cuddling57 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:40:17

Also see how you feel when you get home but make sure someone is keeping a close eye on you incase you get further symptoms.

bestbefore Mon 21-Oct-19 18:42:12

I was advised to use ice on bites; wrapped in something obvs - will help take the heat out of them...looks very painful

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »