Talk

Advanced search

Do you recommend lactase tablets?

(4 Posts)
issano Thu 17-Oct-19 20:00:10

So after months of mystery illness I think I've worked out I'm lactose intolerant sad. I've got a doctors appointment in a couple of weeks to confirm it but in the mean time I have been doing a bit of research and seen lactase tablets mentioned a couple of times. Do they work and if so can anyone recommend a good brand? I can deal with no milk or cream but cheese is going to be an absolute killer to give up so if this means I can carry on eating it then I would be delighted!

dementedpixie Thu 17-Oct-19 20:04:53

You get lactose free milk, cream, cheese. Lactose is the sugar in the milk so it has been removed in the above products

Are you sure its lactose and not cows milk protein that's the issue

meaninglesslife Thu 17-Oct-19 20:07:23

Cheese is actually pretty low in lactose, if that helps? If you cut everything else out you might well be able to have cheese in moderation.

issano Thu 17-Oct-19 20:56:08

Demented I'm not 100% sure that's why I'm going to the doctors, I know I can get lactose free products which I will do for the most part but just wondering if lactase tablets really work for situations like Christmas when I want a proper cheeseboard?
Meaningless it's actually only cheese and cream that I seem to be getting the reactions from, butter I'm fine with and milk I don't drink anyway so I'm unsure whether that would affect me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »