Talk

Advanced search

Can you share your FODMAP recipe book recommendations please?

(2 Posts)
duckme Mon 19-Aug-19 20:13:38

My GP has recommended that i follow the FODMAP diet as he thinks I have IBS (undergoing tests currently to rule out IBD)
I've looked it up online and it looks really restrictive and a little overwhelming! I'm sure, once I get used to it, it'll be fine and I'm hoping it will help alleviate some of my symptoms. But I could really benefit from a recipe book or two.

Could anyone give me their recommendations please? Ideally it would need to be suitable for the whole family to eat when necessary, and use 'normal' ingredients as I'm on a bit of a budget.

Additionally, if anyone has any tips or advice on how to get along with this diet, I'm all ears/eyes!
Thank you

GreatBritishbakeofffan Thu 05-Sep-19 16:37:43

I love http://www.ibssano.com/lowfodmapp_recipes.html for recipes, really easy to follow. Pinterest was a massive help when I started it, unfortunately I didn't complete it because I found it so hard to follow when I have to make separate things for the rest of the family, it was a pita. I will complete it one day though. It has helped me though, I know I react to ONIONS ( being the worst culprit) garlic, APPLES, honey, plums, broccoli and lactose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »