Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help me please

(18 Posts)
LadyVictoriaOfCake Sat 04-Aug-07 15:01:24

i am having my first allergic reaction. have taken clarityn tablet. i have weals on my back and arm. no idea why. think it might be heat related as they popped up when i went from air conditioned car to open space.

i never know how much agony this was

LyraBelacqua Sat 04-Aug-07 15:04:56

Could it be a heat rash? Piriton might help.

CarGirl Sat 04-Aug-07 15:05:31

Cool shower may help too

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sat 04-Aug-07 23:19:08

the havent gone down. they are looking more like bites now. they are hard, hot and itchy about the size of 50 pence piece each. should i be concerned?

Beauregard Sat 04-Aug-07 23:21:54

Sounds like the hives dd2 had this week.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sat 04-Aug-07 23:24:40

i just want to tear at my skin. but it makes them worse.

Beauregard Sat 04-Aug-07 23:24:49

The clarityn should start to take effect misdee.
xx

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sat 04-Aug-07 23:25:36

its been hours wondering about taking piriton type stuff tomorrow so i can top it up.

Beauregard Sat 04-Aug-07 23:25:36

Do you have any aqueous cream or calamine?
Have you got a fan you can lie in front of?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sat 04-Aug-07 23:27:03

no aqueous or cal lotion. do have hydrocortisone ointment.

Beauregard Sat 04-Aug-07 23:28:34

try that.
Oh i hope it works
Like you really need any more stress!

3Ddonut Sat 04-Aug-07 23:32:04

something cold, ice pack, bag of peas might help to take some swelling down and ease the itching....whatever you do, don't scratch, you'll be on the itch-scratch cycle then, and that's a cycle you don't want to be on! also you could take the tops off and risk introducing infection, see your gp if no improvement with anti-histimines

Bewilderbeast Sun 05-Aug-07 00:01:56

have a shower to remove any irritant which might be on your skin. Then liberally smother yourself in hydrocortisone and take two paracetamol. It should help. If it doesn't I would seriously consider going to the Dr tomorrow.

ProjectSeverus Sun 05-Aug-07 00:48:11

any dock leaves? Worth a try.

tatt Sun 05-Aug-07 10:12:24

hope you're feeling better today. Clarityn doesn't seem to do much for me but pirtion does. Medicines affect people in different ways so it's worth trying a different antihistamine if one doesn't help.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 05-Aug-07 11:36:42

well, the one on my arm has swollen up today, so have called out of hours gp, and waiting for a call back.

tortoiseSHELL Sun 05-Aug-07 11:48:44

Lasonil cream is quite a good general purpose cream for bites etc, but sounds like you need an anti-histamine cream - hope GP can help. I think Piriton is best for allergies, if you have any - don't know if it clashes with Clarityn though.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sun 05-Aug-07 16:36:15

saw GP. its an allergic reaction to the critter that bit me.

bween told to put hydrocortisone on it, ice packs, and take anti histimine. if it gets worse then go back.

peter was a tad shocked by the state of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now