Talk

Advanced search

Air purifiers...

(10 Posts)
Justonemorepancake Fri 22-Mar-19 18:39:42

I've just had results back from a blood test that I have a strong allergy to dust and cats. I have three cats grin. I'm taking all the measures I can to lessen the problem (got rid of feather sofa for a foam one, hoovering daily, cats not allowed in bedrooms, bug spray for dust mites etc) but would love an air purifier downstairs. It's all open plan down there so one for a larger room. Prob about 50 sq ft? I also have hayfever, so one that deals with dust mites, cat allergens and pollen would be great.

Justonemorepancake Fri 22-Mar-19 18:40:08

Pressend send too soon - your recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you!

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Fri 22-Mar-19 18:48:09

I have a Bionnaire tower which comes with washable/replacable filters and was recommended on the British Allergy org website - worth checking the site as I bought it about 7 years ago (and its still going strong) and I'm sure there'll be newer models on the Market.

Justonemorepancake Fri 22-Mar-19 19:05:38

Thank you - I'll have a look at that one!

Weathergirl1 Mon 25-Mar-19 15:43:26

Not a budget option but we have the Dyson cool with air filter and it's really good and if you connect it to WiFi you get feedback on the air quality via the app. We use it in the bedroom in the summer but it would definitely do a bigger room (if we had one!).

Justonemorepancake Mon 25-Mar-19 19:32:11

Thank you! Did look at that but it said it 'delivers clean air to you rather than the whole room' in the room coverage section. At a similar price I went with Vax Pure Air 300. Bit of a beast that will do the whole downstairs and all the allergens I have plus a few more! Delivered tomorrow hopefully so fingers crossed... it's accredited by allergy UK so should be effective! Would love it on an app though - I do love a gadget.

Justonemorepancake Mon 25-Mar-19 19:33:56

To add - my bedroom is actually OK for my allergies as cats don't come upstairs and it's small and sparse so easy to keep dust free! I work from home and move about lots so wanted something for daytime, hence a good downstairs coverage being on the wish list.

consciousparent Fri 03-May-19 12:05:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BuckingFrolics Wed 11-Sep-19 10:30:50

justinemore how's the purifier working out? I'm convinced I'm allergic to "my house" so to speak and I'm thinking of getting one.

CelineDavid Wed 23-Oct-19 17:12:28

My son had a skin test and we found out he's allergic to pollen, pet danders, dust, molds, and cockroach. YES, cockroach! Then I gave birth to a preemie who went home with chronic lung disease. One of the things we did to make our home less allergenic is to clean it. I got rid of all dust gatherers--books and pretty much all things that we no longer use.

Then I purchased an air purifier with HEPA filter. HEPA filters are the top choice for people with allergies and asthmaHEPA filters are the top choice for people with allergies and asthma.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »