Talk

Advanced search

CMPI - need advice!!

(3 Posts)
Highland2 Wed 06-Feb-19 17:19:04

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but need advice and can’t get hold of my dietician. After discussion with my GP at DD’s 6 week check, she decided she had possible CMPI and prescribed SMA Althera. The difference in DD was almost immediate. She is now 5 months and the dietician has told me to try and reintroduce CMP. The advice was to substitute a scoop in each bottle daily, until the bottle was made up entirely from regular formula. This had been going really well up until today. Today the bottles are made up of 6 scoops Aptamil, 2 scoops Althera. I noticed a slight rash on DD’s face and have had 2 explosive, very mucousy nappies. What I’m wondering is, would you just go back completely on Althera, or persevere, but lessen the amount of Aptamil in each bottle? Thanks for any advice!! X

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 06-Feb-19 21:21:23

I would go completely back to being DF to give her time to heal. This probably isn't what people without CMPA will tell you though, but that's how I'd heal myself smile

Highland2 Fri 08-Feb-19 10:34:13

Thanks for replying! I’ve gone back to DF and will maybe try her again at a later date. I didn’t find the method suggested very gradual.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in