Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

white marks on front milk teeth

(8 Posts)
mama2005 Wed 27-Jun-07 11:49:58

I have just noticed that my 2 year-old dd has slight opaque white markings bottom inside corner of her 2 front teeth. Should I be worried? And on the subject, how do others cope with getting little ones to brush their teeth PROPERLY??!!

Thanks for your advice.

tasja Wed 27-Jun-07 11:52:43

I had and still have white marks on my front teeth. I took Zimiflore (don't know about the spelling) when I was little and the dentist said the white marks is the strength of my teeth because of the Zimiflore. The Z is suppose to make your teeth stronger.

clerkKent Wed 27-Jun-07 12:47:39

I thought it was a possible sign of a vitamin deficiency, so it may be worth speaking to your dentist or doctor.

I still can't get my two (age 9 and 13) to brush regularly - in particular DS has to be reminded every day.

daisyboo Wed 27-Jun-07 12:52:01

sounds like flouride spots from too much fluoride....speak to your dentist.

mama2005 Wed 27-Jun-07 20:12:44

Thanks for your comments!

newlifenewname Wed 27-Jun-07 20:14:40

Apparently can be a sign of diabetes - friend told me this after her dd was diagnosed and Dr mentioned it. This is my disclaimer since I didn't hear it from the GP's mouth myself.

Really didn't mean for there to be a pun there.

beautifulgirls Thu 02-Aug-07 16:04:50

My DD also has these white marks on her baby teeth. Our dentist did not know what they were caused by. She told us that in adult permanant teeth then it can be a sign of too much fluoride, but DD has never had toothpaste until her first tooth arrived, and no supplements either so that is not it with her. She has no signs of diabetes but I'll keep a watchful eye on her in the future in case of some tendancy perhaps.
One theory I have about it is that I was quite ill when I was pg with a tummy bug at about 6 months pg. Perhaps somehow that affected her tooth develoment?

christywhisty Thu 02-Aug-07 22:45:39

DS has white marks on his teeth which were caused by too much flouride, but we were also told that antibiotics when the teeth were developing can cause marks on the teeth, as well as taking antibiotics in pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now